- The value of the engines and services to Rolls-Royce is approximately $300 million.
- More than 200 Lebanese contracts open for UK companies to bid on
- The economic relationship between UK and Lebanon is growing stronger
- Lebanon’s $23bn Capital Investment Programme, with more than 200 projects in transport, power-generation and water supply is open for UK companies to bid on
- Total trade between the countries currently stands at £586m a year, with British exports making up the vast majority of this
Other Success Stories
- More Jaguars and Land Rovers are sold per head in the country than anywhere else in the world
- The Port of Beirut is the busiest port in the Eastern Mediterranean thanks to the Beirut Container Terminal Consortium, a joint venture with Mersey Docks and Harbour UK
- Just last month we welcomed the launch of a unique partnership between the UK and Lebanon: the new London Stock Exchange Group’ ELITE programme for helping Lebanese businesses attract global investors.
- The Forum will focus on elaborating the Government of Lebanon’s Vision for Stabilisation, Growth and Employment, announced at the CEDRE conference in Paris earlier this year.
- The UK welcomes the recommitment to this CEDRE economic reform vision, with its focus on improving the ease of doing business, tackling corruption, reforming the electricity sector and putting the country on a sustainable fiscal path
To read the full article from .gov.uk. please click HERE