Thank you for visiting the Halton International website
Your privacy is important to us. To explain how we protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our policy which covers this website. If you do not agree to the terms in this Policy, we kindly ask you to leave the site.
1. Who are we?
We are Halton International, a sole trader. Halton International has been supporting international trade development though business support since 2010. The business address is c/o Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber of Commerce, Unit 6 Genesis Business Park, Sheffield Road, Rotherham, S60 1DX.
2a. How we collect information
When you use our website, you are in control of what information is collected. We only collect personal information about you, and any other individual whose details you provide to us.
We’ll collect this when you:
- Submit an enquiry for any services provided by Halton International
- Sign up to receive our newsletters
- Submit an article for publication
2b. What information do we collect?
- Information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views); we will ask for your permission before we do so. We may do this using cookies or similar technologies.
- This may include your name, business name, telephone number, email address or postal address.
2c. How is your information used?
We will use your information to:
- Process and respond to an enquiry you’ve made with us
- Contact you to arrange a meeting or provide a quote
- Send you communications which you have requested via newsletter
– this may include event details and dates, business news, international trade information, statistical data, research or any other information that has been requested
We’ll only contact you in relation to your original communication with us, unless you subscribe to receive our newsletters.
Your information may also be used by Halton International to generate website user reports. This is analytical information and does not include your personal data.
2d. Who has access to your information?
We do not sell, rent or freely provide your information to third parties and your information will not be shared for marketing purposes. Where Halton International needs to share your details with a third party to respond to your enquiry effectively, we will seek your permission to do so beforehand.
3. Your choice
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text unless you have given your prior consent.
You can contact us at any time to request the information we have in relation to your personal data. If you would like us to remove/destroy any personal data we hold on you, you can contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07794 280492.
4. Using cookies or other on-device storage
5. Tracking how the website is used
Information may be collected about activity on the website, or other organisations may be used to collect it and to share it. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website and on the websites of other organisations; and
- track the use of the internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners’ websites to this website.
6. How your information is kept secure
The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
7. Links to other websites
Our website includes links to other websites run by other organisations as a source of further information. This privacy statement only refers to this website, haltoninternational.com and we would encourage you to read the privacy statements of other websites you visit as we cannot be held responsible for privacy policies on third party sites linked from our site.
8a. Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
8b. Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/1HpzALd).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.