The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee holds the first evidence session of its inquiry into Exports and the role of UK Trade & Investment (UKTI).
- Watch Parliament TV: Exports and role of UKTI
- Inquiry: Exports and role of UKTI
- Business, Innovation and Skills Committee
Tuesday 2 February 2016, Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Richard Kneller, Professor of Economics, Nottingham University
- Professor Holger Breinlich, Professor of International Economics, Nottingham University
- David Smith, Economics Editor, Sunday Times
- Tim Ambler, Senior Fellow, Adam Smith Institute
- Jon Coleman, Chair, British Exporters Association
- Graham Cole, Former Chairman of AgustaWestland and Chair of the Cole Commission on Exports
Purpose of session
In this session, the Committee hears from academics, commentators, and senior business figures, including the Adam Smith Institute and the British Exporters Association. The session is likely to look at whether the Government’s export targets are achievable, the Government’s planned reforms to UKTI, and the availability of export finance for SMEs.
The session is open to the public on a first come, first served basis. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 20 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee Rooms and timings are subject to change.