17:15 — 19:30 on September 23, 2014
South Yorkshire International Trade Forum are delighted to announce that their Poland event is being hosted by Doncaster Airport and will take place overlooking the iconic Vulcan Bomber.
UK exports to Poland over the past 16 years have grown at nearly double the rate to any other country in the EU and by 4 times as much to Germany!
Because of the size of the Polish community in our region and the excellent transport links provided by Wizz Air out of Doncaster Airport, this presents an obvious opportunity for companies to increase their export trade to one of the largest markets in the EU. For this reason, the SYITF is moving to Doncaster to hold its Autumn event, which is also being supported by both Doncaster Council and Doncaster Chamber of Commerce.
The event will cover:-
- Outline the future expansion plans for the airport and also Wizz Air services to the different regions in Poland
- Poland’s most important market sectors
- Background on the key trades in the different Poland regions
- Outline the cultural factors in dealing with Poland
- Case study: How William Beckett Plastics successfully entered the Poland market becoming its 5th largest market within 12 months
- 5.15pm Registration, Refreshments & Networking
- 6.00pm Welcome, Presentations, Q&A
- 7.30pm Close
Kate Stow, Marketing Manager, Robin Hood Airport
Pawel Capik, Senior Lecturer International Business, Sheffield Hallam University
William Beckett, Chair of SYITF, MD of William Beckett Plastics
Anna Chmaro, Language & Culture Coordinator, UKTI
Non-Members: £25, FREE to Doncaster Manufacturing & Trading companies
Service Providers: £75
For more details or to book, visit the SYITF website.
Robin Hood Airport
First Avenue, Doncaster, DN9 3RHMore information