Ethiopia is the fourth largest economy in sub-Saharan Africa. It is predicted to be the third largest by 2025.
About the event
During this mission, companies will have a unique opportunity to understand the variety and depth of business opportunities on offer to UK businesses in the Ethiopian Market (and the rest of Africa) in sectors including:
- Food & liquids processing and packaging
- Transport and logistics
- Airport design consultancy and planning
- Renewable energy and power
The visit is aimed at new and existing exporters to Africa, and also coincides with direct flights now operating from Manchester Airport by Ethiopian Airlines.
Delegates will be accompanied by experienced International Trade Advisors to assist them with a hosted programme that involves UK embassy visit; Political, economic and cultural briefings; Industry site visits; Business to business meetings; Ministry meetings and Meetings with local service providers including law firms.
- Monday 25th arrive Addis Ababa
- Tuesday 26th & Wednesday 27th: Meetings programme (as defined above – group meetings & visits)
- Thursday 28th: Day for individual business to business meetings
- Friday 29th – early flight back to Manchester.
*Please note that this programme is subject to change*
- Please note that this is an expression of interest, eligibility to attend the mission is subject to criteria.
- Companies from the Northern Powerhouse (North West, North East and Yorkshire & Humber regions) may be eligibile for an NPH travel grant or local European Regional Development funding. Applications are made via your local international trade team
To register your interest please click HERE