Incoterms 2010 is a set of guidelines intended to make international trade easier. They clarify when responsibility for goods (and therefore, risk) passes from seller to buyer and who is responsible for costs incurred at any point during transport. Often overlooked, the terms of delivery you negotiate with your buyer or seller are an important part of the international trade transaction. Ignorance of what each delivery term means can lead to shaving hundreds of pounds off the contract value.
On this course the learner will be able to understand
- The purpose of Incoterms.
- Be able to understand the definitions of the Incoterms 2010 rules.
- Be able to identify what are the roles of the parties involved in deciding which INCOTERM is acceptable and their responsibilities.
- Be able to understand the benefits of Incoterms
- Be able to identify where to go for help and information.
Materials – Full course notes provided.
Please note there will be a short test at the end of this course which will be to submitted to British Chamber of Commerce to become in order for the delegate to receive accreditation. Accreditation is received if delegate is successful in passing the test.
Lunch – Lunch & Refreshments provided
NB: Barnsley business rate payers may be able to access a free place on this course (one delegate per course, per company) and should contact us before booking to clarify eligibility. Please note that spaces are limited, and will work on a first come, first serve basis