Join the Department for International Trade (DIT) for this Northern Powerhouse Trade Mission to Gulfood, the most important trade event in the global food and hospitality business calendar. With representatives and buyers from across the globe in attendance, this could be your gateway to winning new business in established, evolving and emerging markets.
Don’t miss out. Early bird discount available for companies paying the registration fee before 7 December 2018. Save £100.00 and pay only £199.00 (plus VAT).
Food and drink exports from the Northern Powerhouse have reached a total value of £3.17 billion in the 12 months leading up to the second quarter of 2018. This represents 5.4% of total exports from the region which shows the demand for quality Northern food and drink produce is out there and already highlighly regarded overseas. So, why don’t you benefit from this opportunity and expand into new markets by joining this trade mission.
Gulfood is an unmissable event with over 5,000 local, regional and international suppliers from five continents. DIT invites businesses in the food and drink sector to join them on this visit to Gulfood in Dubai.
- Visit to Gulfood exhibition 2019
- Meetings with food service and retail contacts
- Exclusive invitation to pre-mission webinar by Spinney’s retailer: Exporting Food and Drink to UAE – Tips from a UK Retail Consolidator
- Access to the UAE food and drink market trends report
- Group retail store/hospitality venue visits
- Opportunity to pitch your product to regional retailers, buyers and distributors
- In-market networking events
- Company profile in the Northern Powerhouse brochure
- Market briefing by industry experts from the UAE and MENA region
- Support before and throughout the mission from trade sector specialists
- Delegate networking dinner
- Upgrade privileges and discounts may be available through Emirates and Manchester Airport
The trade mission is suitable for businesses operation in the following sub-sectors amongst others:
- Fats and oils
- Health, wellness, free-from
- Pulses, grains, cereals
- Meat and poultry
- Power brands
There is a £299.00 (plus VAT) registration fee to attend the mission which covers all programme activities as well as transfers to and from the exhibition. Delegates are responsible for booking and paying for their own flights, accommodation and exhibition pass, but may apply for a travel grant with their regional DIT office (eligibility criteria applies). Discounted flights may be available from Emirates.
Early bird discount is only available after confirmation of eligibility and subject to availability until 23:45 on 7 December.
Register now and discover how export can maximise your growth potential.
Ethiopia is the fourth largest economy in sub-Saharan Africa. It is predicted to be the third largest by 2025.
About the event
During this mission, companies will have a unique opportunity to understand the variety and depth of business opportunities on offer to UK businesses in the Ethiopian Market (and the rest of Africa) in sectors including:
- Food & liquids processing and packaging
- Transport and logistics
- Airport design consultancy and planning
- Renewable energy and power
The visit is aimed at new and existing exporters to Africa, and also coincides with direct flights now operating from Manchester Airport by Ethiopian Airlines.
Delegates will be accompanied by experienced International Trade Advisors to assist them with a hosted programme that involves UK embassy visit; Political, economic and cultural briefings; Industry site visits; Business to business meetings; Ministry meetings and Meetings with local service providers including law firms.
- Monday 25th arrive Addis Ababa
- Tuesday 26th & Wednesday 27th: Meetings programme (as defined above – group meetings & visits)
- Thursday 28th: Day for individual business to business meetings
- Friday 29th – early flight back to Manchester.
*Please note that this programme is subject to change*
- Please note that this is an expression of interest, eligibility to attend the mission is subject to criteria.
- Companies from the Northern Powerhouse (North West, North East and Yorkshire & Humber regions) may be eligibile for an NPH travel grant or local European Regional Development funding. Applications are made via your local international trade team
To register your interest please click HERE