Renate Halton MIEx
Renate has more than 20 years experience in delivering international trade support and consultancy services. Renate previously held the position as Head of International Trade at Sheffield Chamber of Commerce/South Yorkshire International Trade Centre.
In July 2010 Renate formed Halton International to follow her passion in supporting the development of South Yorkshire’s local businesses by maximising their opportunities to achieve recognition and breakthrough into international markets.
In 2014 Renate launched a portal – Fokus Sheffield – a comprehensive resource for Sheffield City Region and German based business to prosper together.
Renate’s expertise includes:
- 20 years practical experience in serving the business community in developing and delivering international trade services
- Contract & Project Management and delivery of EU and UK public funded international projects including UK Trade & Investment, Regional Development Agencies, European Commission, ERDF projects
- Direct project delivery in Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, South Africa, Mauritius, Brazil, Czech Republic, Turkey
- Representing the UK/EU at International Trade and Information & Research Focus Groups
- Expert knowledge of export & import documentation
- International Research and bespoke training
Renate is a full member of the Institute of Export, as well as the Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber of Commerce and Federation of Small Business. Renate is fluent in German.