The World Bank reports that Uzbekistan has made significant progress in the last two years in facilitating trade, protecting investors and reducing regulatory complexity. On 17 March 2017, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has signed an agreement with the government of Uzbekistan to explore ways of increasing its investment activity in the country.
With skilled local manpower and developed infrastructure the country offers good investment potential particularly in the mining sector. Uzbekistan possesses significant mineral deposits including gold, uranium, copper, potash and phosphates.
This 60-minute webinar is designed to assist the UK companies considering business opportunities in Uzbekistan’s Gold mining, Coal energy, Rare earth metals and Potash mining and fertilizers production sectors by:
• Raising awareness about the economic & political situation and the opportunities in the Uzbekistan market.
• Providing updated information on the structure of the development of the mining sector in Uzbekistan
• Providing a platform for UK companies to put questions directly to the speakers.
- Mr. Christopher Allan, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Mr. Jan Lewis, Director at the Wardell Armstrong
To join the Webinar, please complete the registration form HERE