We are very pleased to see this and hope as many companies as possible will contribute to the inquiry. We reported on the outcome and findings of the UKTI effictiveness previously which did not make good reading. To remind you of the outcome see our article What’s Hot and What’s Not
Scope of the inquiry
The Committee is holding an inquiry into support for exports and investment, following on from the Business, Innovation and Skills Committee’s 2016 inquiry into Exports and the role of UKTI.
Terms of reference
Interested organisations or individuals are invited to submit written evidence to the Committee.
The Committee is particularly interested in the following:
- What progress have International Trade and Investment (ITI, formerly UKTI) and UK Export Finance (UKEF) made on their performance since the Business, Innovation and Skills Committee finished work on its inquiry in 2016?
- How has the absorption of UKTI into the new Department for International Trade affected its performance?
- Are the Department for International Trade’s export and investment services fit for purpose and sufficiently resourced?
- In the light of the Secretary of State’s admission that £1 trillion export target will not be met, are the Department’s export and investment targets transparent, appropriate and achievable? How should the performance of ITI and UKEF be measures?
- What standard of advice do ITI and its International Trade Advisers provide?
- What standard of support does UK Export Finance provide to companies seeking to export?
Terms of reference: Support for exports and investment Send a written submission. Deadline: 8th March