UK Trade & Investment’s (UKTI) new e-Exporting Programme can help UK companies and brands sell products overseas through online channels.
UK online retail exports are set to reach £60bn by 2018 (Source: IORMA, 2014).
By joining UKTI’s e-Exporting Programme, UK companies and brands can reach consumers overseas through e-marketplaces.
An e-marketplace is an online location that provides a platform for companies of all sizes to do business through e-commerce. Popular e-marketplaces include Amazon, Tmall and eBay. UKTI have identified over 400 e-marketplaces worldwide.
By selling through an e-marketplace UK companies can:
- find new customers
- analyse data on what consumers are searching for
- build awareness of their brands
UK companies currently trading successfully on e-marketplaces include Burberry, Topshop, Marks and Spencer, Karen Millen, Barbour and Fred Perry.
Join UKTI’s e-Exporting Programme to:
- meet with an e-Exporting advisor to discuss export plans
- receive help and advice on building your online and e-commerce presence
- increase the reach of your brand globally
- identify new e-marketplaces around the world
- set up on e-marketplaces quickly
- attend events and webinars about retail/e-commerce opportunities
If you’re looking to sell online for the first time, you can also get help with:
- trademark registration
- website URL registration
- landed cost calculation
- packaging, shipping, payment
- tax registration
- marketing and related services
How to join
Email UKTI’s retail team email@example.com if you’re interested in joining the programme or need more information.